[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: '88 Urquattro in my garage...
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: '88 Urquattro in my garage...
- From: Dave Eaton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 10:36:21 +1200
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 1
- Importance: normal
- In-Reply-To: <199805282003.QAA26899@coimbra.ans.net>
- Mr-Received: by mta MOEMR0.MUAS; Relayed; Fri, 29 May 1998 10:36:21 +1200
- Mr-Received: by mta CSAV05; Relayed; Fri, 29 May 1998 10:36:23 +1200
- Sender: email@example.com
- Ua-Content-Id: 11C5EAA41400
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;7321361029051998/A31505/CSAV05]
what with the various recent threads on ur-q values, brakes, tor$ens, and
trading in ur-q's for more modern 's' cars, one thing tends to get lost...
if you can get an ur-quattro, preferably a mb/rr torsen one, then, every week,
take it to your favourite 'b' road, and it will still reward you with a
wonderful drive, and make anything audi has done since (in the sheer driving
pleasure department), look pretty thin. wonderful cars...
>Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 22:55:19 +0300
>From: "Jouko Haapanen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>Subject: '88 Urquattro in my garage...
>The search is over. Call me crazy. I purchased the '88 MB engined
>Urquattro I've been waiting to see for a while this afternoon. All things
>(including the mileage) considered the car is in good to excellent shape.
>What things considered? The car is ten years old. The car has 374 108 km
>on the odometer.
>I drove it back 300km from our rendezvous, making my buddy who was along
>with me drive the insignificant other (a loaded new A6 Avant) back. What a
>nice car to drive.
>'88 Urquattro, 374 000km
>'89 Carrera 3.2, 37 000km