[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

Re: A/C Compressor...bench test--rebuilding

Hi list,

The manifold in mine was leaky, so we took it apart to restore the seal.  The
manifold  case comes apart into two halves sealed with a custom shaped rubber
gasket.  The gasket was a little compressed, but there were no nicks or cuts.
We carefully cleaned the gasket and the two halves of the manifold case.  We
sparingly applied form-a-gasket along the seat on each side, replaced the
original gasket, and tightened the whole thing up.   After drying, we put new
o-rings in place at the various ports and reinstalled.  It has no leaks, and
seems to be holding up fine.