RE: Need pics of prototype Audis/spy photos of Audis

"PAT MARTIN" <MARDKINS@classic.msn.com> wrote:

>Was built in 1973.  Looks like a very smoothed out Lancia Scorpion.
>Here is the write-up.

>The key feature of this Bertone design is stated in its name: Trapeze.

I've recently bought a low-volume book published by the Dutch Audi club,
which lists all (sic) special bodies and prototypes based on Audis and
DKWs. The Trapeze is not listed, but a lot of other oddities are. What do
you think of an UrQ stationwagon? or a helicopter powered by an Audi I5?
Or the 6-door Audi 200 Pullmann Limousine? Or the inane Treser Hunters,
based on jacked-up 4000s and 90s, with enormous plastic wheelarches and
There are too many odd cars in this 51-page book to be mentioned. Pity it's
all black & white, with mostly bad repro quality.

 1987 Audi 90q 2.3E, Tizianrot metallic, 164,000km

 The function of an expert is not to be more right than other people,
         but to be wrong for more sophisticated reasons.
                                                -- David Butler