Re: help- car won't start after new air filter

Gurdev Sethi writes:
> I know how lame this seems, but after carefully installing a new air filter
> on a '89 90Q 5cyl the car won't start. I checked everything carefully and
> it is put back correctly. Any suggestions would be great as I am without a
> ride now until I can figure this out.

Did you manage to disconnect something without realizing it?  A hose?
A wire?  The air flow sensor boot?  Is the new air filter properly
seated (not interfering with the operation of the air flow sensor)?

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org
 //////  http://sunsite.unc.edu/~cddb/tikan/