Re: 5KCSTQ Blues Question re: suspension

Richard said,
>Just got my car back from the dealer who replaced 3 of the 4 turbo oil
lines (1 was the oil cooler line) -- the 'feed, the 'return,' and the
cooler  line. Altogether with as few extra things -- parking light bulb
replace ment and a new hood latch came to $1200!

let me start by saying that we probably have all experienced dealer
maintenance pain, however, you posted for inexpensive ways of replacing
these lines.  I, and at least 3 others told you to go to a hydraulic
shop where you would probably save over 75% from dealer and I also
pointed you to a dealer source who discounts between 10-20%.  You have
the power to turn your blues to saved green.  I notice all your posts
have a sense of urgency, ie. gotta happen by this weekend etc.  Take a
step back to evaluate your options.  Glad to see you went aftermarket
for the rack & pump.  While I'd like to believe in Vorsprung Durch
Technik, I more firmly believe that "retail is for other people" TM.
There are ways to properly maintain turbo Audis almost reasonably and
this list is the place to find them!