Brake pressure accumulator leakdown

quk@isham-research.demon.co.uk (Phil Payne) wrote:
When I leave the car for more than a few minutes, the brake
accumulator leaks down to the point where the engine has to run
quite a few seconds to turn out the brake warning light.

The bomb has been replaced (after my shunt) so the main/only
is the servo (# 857 612 107C).  Disconnecting the servo to
return line at the reservoir end and placing it in a measuring
glass -
it drips steadily.

I had always thought this was a sign of a dead servo, and that
this was
probably the cause of my leakdown.  But the microfiche says not
worry about this line dripping.

Bentley sez the opposite.
When replacing the servo make sure you replace that square in
crossection rubber O-ring between the servo and the MC.

Igor Kessel
'89 200TQ -- 18psi (TAP)
'98 A4TQ -- mostly stock
Philadelphia, PA