Re: Cross Drilled Brakes

At 1:45 PM -0400 7/8/98, Mark Pollan wrote:
>Hi All:
>I'm getting ready to refresh my brakes (rotors, pads, brake lines,
>fluid) all the way around.
>My question is primarily in regard to rotors. I'm not meaning to start
>a debate, but are cross drilled rotors worth it?  Secondarily, what

I have drilled rotors, carbon pads and stainless steel lines on my CQ and
am very happy with them.  No fade, very little dust, great pedal feel.

>The car is my daily driver, mostly highway.  I'm not planning on racing
>anytime soon.  Stock, OEM has been adequate to date but since I'm going
>to be spending the money anyway, the marginal cost of a minor upgrade
>might be worth it.

The carbon pads and lines added some $$ to the parts, but the rotors were
far cheaper than stock, and better (Brembo's), so it easily made up the

Don't remember what the cost was, but e.mail me at ckm@crust.net and I'll
look it up (home vs. work... )

'90 CQ