Re: turbo after-run?

Brooks Ellis writes:
> The main radiator fan came on, but that's it. I noticed the hook up to the
> after run injector blower had popped off, so I hooked that back up, did a
> run, and then poked around some more. The after run injector fan didn't
> come on.. is that normal? Under what conditions is it supposed to come on?
> Everytime, or just sometimes?

It's supposed to come on only if the under-hood temperature is hot enough
to close the thermoswitch for this purpose.  If you have the hood open,
then chances are it won't come on.

96 A4 2.8 quattrO
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org
 //////  http://sunsite.unc.edu/~cddb/tikan/