Re: Well, It Finally Happened.....

  >Anyway - turns out the water pump was beginning to go out, which affected
  >the timing belt, yada yada, $650.00, yada, yada - now it's fine.  What a
  >pisser - but I knew what I was getting into when I bought her.  Still, only
  >53k!  What's that all about??
  >I knew the timing belt was coming up for replacement, so it made the
  >expense a little more palatable.

Sounds bogus to me.  I don't know what Audi's t belt replacement interval
is, but for most makes it's around 60K mile I believe.  That means it should
last at least to, say, 80K, shouldn't it?

Douglas Frank  Digital Equipment Corp.   (a tiny little division of
ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.         CompWinTel Heavy Industries, Inc.)
DTN 384-0501   Nashua, NH  USA  03062-2711

compulsion  n.  The eloquence of power.