Re: Old sheet metal on newer coupes was Re: Hood 83 Ur-Q?

> I've been hitting the u-pull yards looking for a front core support for the
> coupe.  The ones from the earlier cars look like they will fit, but there
> are less or smaller cut-outs in the lower sheet metal.  Did they increase
> the size of these openings to increase airflow into the engine compartments
> or to reduce weight (both?) or some other purpose?
> I'm looking for any BTDT to address the negative aspects of using the older
> sheet metal on the newer cars.  e.g. "you will never get the alternator
> bolts out with the older style sheet metal"  or similar remarks based on
> experience.

Ha ha.  I have the older style sheet metal, I guess (82 Coupe) and the
alternator is a real PITA to tension.  Easier with the bumper off.  But
the bolts still come out.

Huw Powell

"This is the place where death rejoices to teach those who live."

Usually it is written in Latin.