Re: Are universal oxygen sensors just as good?

>     I have a 1989 100Q (CA emissions).  I need to replace the oxygen
>     sensor.  (Or so the flashing light tells me).  Has anyone had
>     success/failure with a universal OXS.  They are significantly cheaper
>     and you can get one from Bosch.  I guess the "trick" is splicing in
>     the old connector.

I replaced my 200q20v's sensor with a standard Bosch unit, one actually
with a Nissan connector.  $60-ish vs. $130 or more for the official Audi

Oxygen sensors are _all_ the same.  They all have the same thread, the same
wrench size, etc.

I chopped off the connector and spliced it to the one on the car; the two
white wires are for the heater, the black wire is the sensor connection.

The Bosch unit was _identical_ to the one I bought.  The same stamps and

Almost all cars use Bosch sensors, hence the cheap price.

Brett Dikeman
Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt.  Qui annus est?
Te audire non possum.  Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
Ita, scio hunc 'sig file' veterem fieri.