Re: Sounds in front suspension

after my second day of investigation I think I finally found the
reason for the noisy suspension *yeah*.
After checking the subframe (everything tight) I thought of the tie
rods. Obviously nothing wrong. So I had my mother turn the steering
wheel while I was outside with my hands on various parts of the
suspension. With the hand on the tie rod I could actually feel
something knocking while my other arm was holding the wheel to make
some resistance. Everytime the direction of the steering wheel
changed, there was this knock.
So I think it's finally the right tie rod ball joint. As the car will
need an alignment after the replacement, I am going to replace both of

I also replaced the front rotors and pads (3 old pads and 1 backplate)
on the '93 Audi 80 TDI of a friend of mine. A week ago I would have
only changed the pads, but... While I was at it I also recognized that
a rubber brake line had a bubble and was wet. This seems to be common
for the type 89/B4 as I have replaced all four on my car.

Is anyone on the list who knows if steel brake lines are available and
legal for street use in Germany? I don't like the OEM brake lines

Thanks for the help received.