Re: 98 A4 musings

Jim Simone writes:
> > 2. An extra wire-mesh grille on the inside door panel, above the speaker
> >    and below the power mirror controls.  What's that for?
> It's a separate speaker for the hands-free mobile phone in a car with the Bose
> sound system. Non-Bose setups use the left speaker.

OK, my 96 has a Bose system but it doesn't have that little grille.  I guess
the older Bose systems still used the left speaker for the phone.

> > 3. The speaker grilles now have a badge that says "Audi/Bose".
> Indicates the Bose upgrade. Standard sound systems have no badge.

My Bose system doesn't have a speaker badge either.  The head unit's
display says "Bose" momentarily when it turns on, but that's the only
visual clue.

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org
 //////  http://sunsite.unc.edu/tkan/