Re: power windows one touch - do you have it?

Ron Mruss writes:
> FYI, my '84 5KS has one touch down for the driver's window only.  I =
> would assume they are all like that.  I've actually thought about going =
> to a wrecking yard and getting the necessary relays so I could install =
> them for all the windows but don't know where they are located.
> Also, does anyone know what sort of relay I need so that I can use my =
> alarm transmitter to lock and unlock my doors.  Apparently it should =
> pulse for 3 - 3.5 seconds b/c of the vacuum doorlocks.  I can get a kit =
> from the manufacturer of my alarm (Directed Electronics), but the dealer =
> wants $60 CDN - too much for just a little more convenience.

It's certainly possible, but it's not going to be a simple matter of
plugging in relays.  You will have to do some major wiring hackage.
I don't think it's going to be pretty at all.  You'll understand once you
figure out how it all works and how much wiring there really is.

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org
 //////  http://sunsite.unc.edu/tkan/