Re: 4kq rear exhaust

At 10:36 PM 9/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>My 87 4kq is starting to sound more like a lawn mower than an Audi due to
>the hole in the rear muffler. Anyone have any info on getting a replacement
>for a sane, reasonable price? Any opinions on different makes welcome. I'm
>looking for near stock performance and sound, although a nice note is
>always a good thing.
>4kq parts available, but not the ones I need (right now...)

When my I got my 4kq, the rear muffler had a hole in it, so my mechanic put
in a Flowmaster muffler.  He cut the stock tail pipe off of the old muffler
and welded it onto the Flowmaster to keep it looking original.  Sounds
pretty cool too.

Tony Lum  (tlum@flash.net)                  1987 5000CS Turbo Quattro
Berkeley, California, USA                    1985 4000CS Quattro
Audi Owner/Driver/Mechanic by Necessity ;^)   1980 5000S Sedan
                                               1987.5 Coupe GT (new)