[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Pickin' up my 5kcstq on Sunday--thanks to all who gave me checklists and
problem areas!! It greatly helped my search. Anyhoo...
1. Valve gasket needs replacing--is there a "better" than OEM available
or even necessary? I know there are some aftermarket hi-tek gaskets of
neoprene and what not.
2. Can I switch to synthetic oil? I'm concerned because in my old Jeep
I switched, and it aggravated oil leaks bigtime. I think because of the
3. Driver's side door map pocket--anyone have one? No big whoop.
4. I'll need good performance + wet weather tires (on OEM rims). Any
suggestions? I'm staying away from Blizzaks and the like because of
their 'grippy' compounds--it's overkill for L.A. When I go
snowboarding, it's only snowy for about the last 20 miles, the rest
would be rain. Aquatreds perhaps?
5. Some have e-mailed me already saying 'chipping' it is a good idea.
Ya sure 'bout dat? I live in CA where the C.A.R.B. is the performance
nazi, so anyone know of reliable chips that are legal? Other legal
6. Brake & suspension upgrades. Interested, but I'm not a racer, it's
pretty much a daily driver, don't want the Lowered Honda Jiggle.
Once again, thanks for all the pre-purchase responses! What a great
list--now I'm a participant. Whew!
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com