directional tire question

Hi all,

I just had a set of snows mounted on the spare rims for my A4.  I had the
brilliant idea that one of them could substitute for the spare, replacing
the tinkertoy minature spare tire the factory supplies.

The potential problem is, the snow tires I bought (Dunlop Winter Sport M2's)
are marked with a rotation arrow.  What happens if I have to mount it on the
'wrong' side, so it rotates backwards?  I bet it'd be as noisy as the 4th of
July in hell, but would it be unsafe?

thanks for any BTDT,

Douglas Frank  Digital Equipment Corp.   (a tiny little division of
ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.         CompWinTel Heavy Industries, Inc.)
DTN 264-0501   Nashua, NH  USA  03062-2711

DAWN  n. The time when men of reason go to bed.