Re: fuchs on a 4kq (after 5 bolt conversion of course)

All the factory Groupe A rally 80 quattros (that I have seen in most pictures)
came with Ur-q 5 bolt suspension and Fuchs wheels.
I would therefore asume they would fit the 4kq with 5kt struts (basically the
same as Ur-q).
There is lot's of room in the back (unless you use Ur-q hubs) and the front
looks fine if you use the same offset which Fuchs I believe have ET45.

Good luck.

John Karasaki wrote:

> Scott, Martin, et. al:
> Will 15x7 45mm offset Fuch wheels fit on a 4kq without rubbing?  My main
> reasoning for doing the 5 bolt conversion is to have one set of snow tires
> and one set of track tires (205/50/15) that can be used on our 5ktq, urq
> and 4kq.  Since I have 9 Fuchs wheels, I'd like to run those on the 4kq
> after the conversion.  TIA.
> BTW, Martin, I think your car looks great with the early Ronals on there.
> Only Audi guys would know that wasn't what came out of Germany!

Thanks.  I think from far away it looks completly stock.I'll have pictures of
the rear sway bar posted next week.

Martin Pajak

1982 Audi Coupe Turbo (475,000 km)
1982 Audi Coupe Quattro (155,000 km) Coupe with 4kq floor
1986 Audi 4000 S Quattro (357,000 km) with 5 bolt pattern

C.E.O. of examlastminuteallnighterrollthedice inc.