Re: Seat heater switches

> The seat heater switches in the ur-quattro are the thumbwheel type -
> On/off when moving from 0 to 1, and then gradually more heat up to
> a setting of 6.
> Anyone know the nominal resistance for each setting?

The resistance of the heater wire?

Because the switches like that that I have seen are just that -
switches, with 7 positions.  They go to a pair of relays, then to the
three heater wires.  The six settings are the different combinations of
the three different resistance wires...

hth a little?  I don't have any heated seats around so I can't answer
the other half of the question.

Huw Powell

the steering wheel isn't connected to anything, it's just a place to
rest your hands