Re: Hyd Pump Rebuild

Dave C. wrote:

> Igor,
> What's the gear puller for?
> Did you replace the bearing, with a gear puller?

No. You need it to pull that triangular flange off the shaft for the seal
> I rebuilt my pump, but didn't do the bearing, even though it came in the
> rebuild kit.  I later bought another kit (from Carlsen) which cost much
> less, but it didn't include the bearing.

Yep, that's how all my kits were. I never replaced the bearing. OTOH I never
bothered to rebuild a pump that roared. IMO  if the pump on your car is not
perfect mechanically it is not worth rebuilding coz the used pumps are so
abundant and cheap.

Igor Kessel
Two turbo quattros