89' 200tq Clunking!!!

I recently had the master cylnder replaced on my 89' 200tq. When the car
was returned to me I felt a faint clicking in the front. The sound has
gotten progressively worse over the past week. Today the sound was so
bad that I thought the axle was going to break. I pulled into the CV
joint shop and had it looked at. He put it up on the lift and we
discovered that it wasn't the CV joint. I then told him that I was going
to try to hoble the car over to my garage and have my mechanic take a
look at it. I then got in the car fearing the drive over and the sound
was gone. It was back to it's regular click like when I picked it up. I
am sure that the large grinding and clunking is going to return, but I'm
totally puzzled now. The reason that I nneded the master cylinder
replaced was that it was sticking. He also looked over my brakes and
said that I did not need new pads yet. So, he did actually take the
wheels off. If anyone can help me out with this one I'd really
appreciate it.