RE: Audi Gamma Radio Questions - 92 100S

> >      What is the explanation for the 2 "antenna" connectors?  It looks
> >      like there are two connectors for the antenna in the back of the
> >      radio.  I haven't pulled them off yet, but any explanation of the
> >      connections would be helpful.
> Front and rear antennas.  Pick ojne (I think front is best)
> and use it.

Best to check some sort of reference material first. On 89-91 cars (like my 91
200q) the front in-glass antenna provides FM "diversity" only, the rear
defogger-wire antenna does both FM and AM. But I don't know about the newer
cars. They should be labeled, or a quick check for AM reception on each
connector with the new head would tell you too.

Henry Harper
1991 200 quattro, 97k, using rear antenna only
1988 GTI 16v, 185k, only got one antenna anyway