Re: Cars FS

Todd Young writes:
>  Just a quick comment for William[selling] and anyone interested in [buying] a
> VW Fox. DO NOT, I repeat do not buy a Fox with the 5 speed transmission. The 4
> speed is a much stronger and longer lasting transmission. There is something
> in the main case on a 5 speed that wears out

I don't know where you got this info, but the VW Fox uses basically the
same trannies as the Audi 4000 4-cylinder cars, the type 013 5-sp and
type 014 4-sp.  The gear ratios are a little different than the 4K, but
mechanically they are the same.  I am not aware of any deficiencies in
the type 013...  There are lots of very high-mileage 4Ks running around
with these with no problems.

I think the problem is that the VW Fox is a cheap car and many owners
treat them as such... and you know what happens with our beloved cars
when they are not properly maintained.

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org
 //////  http://sunsite.unc.edu/tkan/