[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Derek Daily called me last night to discuss his toasted CQ 20v
head, and what to do.
Here are the usual options we discussed, probably in order of cost/
- rebuild stock head
- rebuild stock head with performance cams
- replace with stock engine
- rebuild stock engine
- rebuild stock engine with increased displacement
- replace engine with eurospec 2.6l stroker
- replace engine with 10v turbo engine
- replace engine with 20v turbo engine
Here are a couple of new ones I came up with:
- replace engine and tranny with 1.8t engine
I'm very curious about this, since I know there will
be a decent supply of these soon.
- replace engine with 12v V6 motor
It fits in the Cabriolet, which is a CQ with the roof
cut off, so it can't be that hard.
Thoughts? I told him to call around (2Bennett, Ned) but I'm
curious what our resident experts would suggest.
| Dan |
Dan Simoes firstname.lastname@example.org
Worldcom Advanced Networks http://coimbra.ans.net/dans.html
100 Manhattanville Road (914) 701-5378 (voice)
Purchase, NY 10577 (914) 701-5310 (fax)