Radio swap wiring.

I know it's probably been covered, but the archives being what
they are...

I installed a Sony deck in place of the OEM radio in
an '84 5KS.  There was a "spare" wire left over on
the original connector.(light blue/whitish)  I'm
assuming this wire receives some sort of signal from
the OEM radio when the radio is on to trigger the
"you left your radio on" beep.  Is there a way to
hook up an aftermarket radio to perform the beep
function when left on?  I don't want to wire the
radio through the ignition switch, I've owned Audi's
too long to get used to that again.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]