Re: New Member - Many Questions!!

In message <> "Frank J. Bauer" writes:

> At 09:52 PM 10/26/98 GMT, Phil Payne wrote:

> >> ENGINE NO.  034103373    WWO

> >Someone made that up, too.  _ALL_ Audi engine numbers start with two
> >or three alphabetic characters.

> i'm guessing this is the part number for the block.

Oh, DUH!!!

It's the casting number for the I5 head.  WHY DIDN'T I READ BEYOND THE

I have to plead pressure of work.

The 'real' engine number should be on the V5 document, and on the
flat area cast into the block below #3 plug.  Tough to read, compared
with the casting number!

 Phil Payne
 Phone: 0385 302803   Fax: 01536 723021
 (The contents of this post will _NOT_ appear in the UK Newsletter.)