Re: Be careful here . . .

> Chevrolet was selling a short-bed pickup with a 454 engine for a couple of
> years, and there was also the GM Syclone which was pretty much the same
> thing - for a while, the 454 Chebby pick-em-up was the fastest 0-100 time
> of any production four wheeled road vehicle in the world, and had a top
> speed of "over 145 MPH". Scary? You bet!

I think you are getting a bit confused.  Syclone had a turbocharged 4.3 liter
V6.And quotes for fastest 0-60 time were for a wet pavement only and a pre
production model (Car and Driver).
It outaccelerated the 959 to 30mph. (1.5 sec., or something like that) above
that it had no chance.
Anything over 60mph aerodynamics played a big part in slowing it down.
I don't recall any magazine claiming this 145mph top speed on any of the
production models.

> It is just a question of the right tool for the job - blinding acceleration
> and little else, I'll take the 454 Chevvy pickup

Ford Lightning (full size) outaccelerated the full size Chevy 454 pickupLook at
again Car and Deiver test.

Martin Pajak

1982 Audi Coupe Turbo (475,000 km)
1982 Audi Coupe Quattro (155,000 km) Coupe with 4kq floor
1983 Audi Ur-quattro (220,000 km)
1986 Audi 4000 S Quattro (360,000 km) with 5 bolt pattern

C.E.O. of examlastminuteallnighterrollthedice inc.