[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

Re: I-5 cylinder head tool

In message <3644DA63.3332@lancnews.infi.net> Dwight Varnes writes:

> What the heck kind of tool do I need to remove the head bolts on an 87 5
> cylinder? They sort of look like torx, but are larger than a T50 and
> seem to have more points. Anyone know what it is and where to get an
> inexpensive one?

A classic question.

It's a 12mm 'triple square'.

You can buy them from expensive tool suppliers like Snap-On, or you
can sometimes buy a blister pack in auto supply shops containing
either an 8mm or a 10mm _and_ a 12mm driver.  They're usually marked
for "VW" cars rather than "Audi".

 Phil Payne
 Phone: 0385 302803   Fax: 01536 723021
 (The contents of this post will _NOT_ appear in the UK Newsletter.)