RE: Newbie to Quattro list - looking for info on 93 90S

quk@isham-research.demon.co.uk (Phil Payne) wrote:

>> 1) Your headlight, expect to pay over $200 for it. I kind of got lucky on
>> mine, I was quoted and shipped the wrong light. When I notified the place, I
>> found out that the correct light was over $100 more than the one I was
>> quoted. After they screwed up my order so bad, they compensated me by giving
>> me the light at the original quoted price - $125. I did find one place in
>> Colorado that would sell just the lens (which is all you really need, but
>> nobody sells), ...

>Tim at The Parts Department will do the lens only.

Yes, but chances are this won't work for the DOT (US) lights. Check if the
glass is a seperate piece first. It isn't on a lot of headlight units.

Otherwise I'd look in scrapyards for the glass. It's common across all B4 cars.

 1987 Audi 90q 2.3E, Tizianrot metallic, 167,000km

                        ENGINEERING TERMINOLOGY
       PHRASE: "Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive."
     TRANSLATION: "The darn thing blew up when we threw the switch."