Re: Auto Transmission Fluid

At 08:39 30.11.98 -0500, germancarlists@webtv.net wrote:

>Any recomendations on changing the transmisssion and differential fluid?
>Is this something STS/pepboys can handle?  Is there a filter or gasket
>that goes with the fluid change? I saw several 200K plus automatic
>transmission 5k's in NYC this weekend and I want to make it there as

If your 100 uses transmission similar to the 087 on my 87 5KT, then you
need two gaskets: pan gasket (hardens over time) and strainer gasket
(paper, always replace). There's no replaceable filter, just a metal mesh
that needs to be cleaned.

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland
87 Audi 5000CS turbo (mine)