Re: Help - Broken Odometer

In a message dated 11/30/98 11:09:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
beels@technologist.com writes:

<< Hmm, never tried.  Can't desolder the cap or bend it out of the way?

I used a screwdriver to *GENTLY_PRY* it off. Was very nervous but eventually
successful. Gently but firmly might be more accurate.

 On a related note, on this weekend's jaunt, I noticed that the number
 wheels on the trip odo aren't tight together and I can see the illumination
 light between the hundreds wheel and the tens wheel.  That and the trip odo
 doesn't work smoothly anymore, it kinda "chunks" the mileage out in spurts.

Sounds like it is in desperate need of surgery.