Re: 5kcstq secondary coolant pump repair?

I just priced the pump at TPC.  It was $129.  Did you get the post that
members can get an additional 10% off until Dec. 23rd?
I'll probably order one because mine is starting to leak.

Paul Anderson:
Any direct correspondence, please put my name in the subject line so I
don't miss it.
Please send any direct mail to my private address as I don't keep up with
the list very well.
 Private email AndersonPaul@juno.com

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998 14:28:59 -0800 Wallace White <wallace@remdesign.com>
>While getting ready to flush the coolant and replace the upper
>hose, I decided to take a look at my secondary coolant pump. Turns
>that the shaft will not turn, even after disassembly. I stupidly
>one of the four impeller vanes off, while pushing on it to try to get
>the impeller to turn. I didn't see any way to dissassemble the pump
>housing and find out what's really wrong.
>From what I can see, the electrical half of the motor looks fine,
>I don't know for sure. So if I had a new pump to put on the motor, it
>might work fine again.
>Is the pump the half the normally goes bad, and is it in this same
>failure mode, i.e. seized shaft, not owner-broken impeller? If the
>half is usually not what breaks, I might try to find a good pump half
>another one, at a junkyard. I'm aware that general wisdom recommends
>against buying a used secondary coolant pump, so if it's because of
>pump side failing, I'll just buy a new one. Hmm, TPC had a sale on
>a while ago, didn't they... rats.
>- Wallace
>  '87 5kcstq 151k

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]