Turbo Overboost

        I am experiencing an overboost condition on two of my cars (1987
5KTQ and 1986 5KT autom.). I've checked all hoses and wires for condition
and proper connections. I opened waste-gates and diaphrams appeared fine. I
get no codes that indicate a problem and "check engine" light does not go on
during over-boost. Computer shuts down at 1.6 BAR (indicated). Power
increase feels great until it violently shuts down...making drivability
difficult and increasing stress on drivetrain. Any ideas from anyone? Need help!