Re: 4KCSQ: stalling at cruise speed

> Sounds similar to a problem I had with one of my 5K's.    Turned out to
> be a bad bearing in the distributor (sparks).  When I replaced the
> distributor, the dying went away.
> My theory was that the extra play in the bearing caused the hall unit to
> fail every so often...  Not saying that you have a bad dist bearing, but
> you may have a flakey hall sender in your dist.

yeah, I had a similar problem once about 100 years ago... the tach
dropping like a stone to 0 RPM was the best clue I had - the tach is
driven by the ignition so that means no ign is the "cause" or at least a
major "effect".  ie it's not just fuel loss if the tach crashes.  otoh,
if the tach keeps representing the engine speed accurately, it's not the
ign system.

Huw Powell

82 Audi Coupe; 85 Coupe GT