Re: 3 speed auto trans -- words to the wise

At 10:18 99-01-29 EST, MHLIGGINS@aol.com wrote:

>unnecessary. No drain plug is built into the housing. There is a single
>opening that can be used for pumping old stuff out and putting new stuff in.
>But it order to gain access you must remove a three-bolt mounting bracket.

It is actually possible to access the filler plug without removing the
bracket, although it's not an easy task indeed. I insert the longer end of
17mm Allen wrench into the plug and turn the Allen wrench with a 17mm
spanner. The most challenging part is reinserting the plug... you need to
have very long fingers.

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland
87 Audi 5000CS turbo (mine)