[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: heat problem solved in CQ

Hi Dan 

Just wanted to comment on the flap foam seals.  When I converted the A/C in my
85 5Kt to 134a last year I also found all those seals, which looked fairly
intact were actually just like dust and crumbled up as soon as you touched
them.  I replaced them with closed cell poly strip 3/8x3/4 I think from H@me
Dep@t glued on with Super Weatherstrip Adhesive from 3M.  The self stick on
the strips themselves doesn't.  Airbox sealed tight as a drum now.  No strange
drafts, and temp control is excellent.

Jim Acccordino
89 200tq
85 5Kt