Porche battery query (zero Audi content)

Sorry for the WOB, but a friend with a '85 928S is pretty sure he needs a
battery, so I thought I'd call on the Borg, er, the list for some collective

1. What is the difference between a group 41 (which he can find easily) and
a group 49 ( which is OEM). Is it just terminal location?

2. His last battery was an Interstate (200 miles in three years, long story)
and now he's looking at a Champion from Sams Club. Good, bad, indifferant?

Stephen Bigelow
e-commerce/ Business Development
IBO # 823967