Re: fuel pump noise?

In message <> Andrei Kogan writes:

> There have been a few posts regarding noisy fuel pumps recently.

> Can someone describe to me what it sounds like when it is about to go bad?

It's a buzz intermixed with a kind of nasal whine.

Any noise is to be avoided, but people _have_ driven 10s of thousands
of miles with noisy pumps.  Wavering in the sound seems a bad sign -
once they start to make several different notes they're on the way

 Phil Payne
 Phone: 0385 302803   Fax: 01536 723021
 (The contents of this post will _NOT_ appear in the UK Newsletter.)