Re: 88 90q IP done + autochk says HOT ! !

<< Do you know by any chance who makes good replacement water pumps?
 The one I installed was made by Beck (spelling?) and it seems to be somewhat
 noisy --- It makes an audible ( I notice, at least) dry whine at about
 1800-2000 rpm.
I think if the o-ring is that new you should be O.K.  I'm not sure at what
age/mileage, but they definitely get flat-spotted and stiff.  They don't seal
real well like that if you move them.  BTDT
About the water pumps.  There was some discussion recently regarding water
pump quality.  I seem to recall the thread went something like-Avoid any Asian
knockoffs and noname rebuilds like the plague, Italian and one type of German
(GBsomething?) are O.K., and another type of German made is the best (probably
Sorry I didn't have the brands on those, I took a different tactic, as usual.

Jim Accordino