Re: 87 4000q vs. 88 80q

knotnook@traverse.com writes:
> I think the difference in feel between the 4K and the 80/90 is from the
> rigidity of the body of the former vs. the flexibility of the latter.

Are you sure you don't have it backwards?  The 80/90 type 89 body is
stiffer than the earlier 4000 type 81.  In fact, every newer generation
Audi has improved chassis rigidity compared to what it replaced.

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org
 //////  http://metalab.unc.edu/tkan/