Re: Pentosin 11s vs. 7.1???

According to Audi the two are completely interchangable.  They share the
same Audi part number.  G0002000 or such.

At 03:31 PM 6/18/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I know this EXACT subject has been covered but I can't find it in the
>archives.  My power steering fluid/hydraulic mineral oil is past due for
>replacement.  I ran down to my one-and-only local German parts outlet and
>they're quitting business!  Good thing I'm moving soon - this town has lost
>all hope...
>My Question:  The local shop has Pentosin 11S in a big square green can for
>$20.  The label indicates this is the synthetic version.  Should I go with
>11S or order a can of Pentosin 7.1?  I'm concerned about using synthetic if
>it's not recommended.  The guy at the shop didn't seem to have a clue
>(didn't even realize it was synthetic) so I'm looking for opinions.  Thanks
>Dan Sinclair
>1988 Audi 90, 71K mi.
>Walla Walla, WA
* Robert L. Myers  rmyers@inetone.net          Home 304-574-2372      *
* Rt. 4, Box 57,  Fayetteville, WV 25840 USA   WV tag Q SHIP          *
* '95 S6  Cashmere Grey - der Wunderwagen      ICQ 22170244           *
* http://www.cob-net.org/church/pvcob.htm  MediaRing Talk 304-574-1166*