[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Fw: How to remove trim moulding????

Any BTDT's on this????  I didn't recieve any info.  Anyone who's stripped or
repainted a type 44 should know.


-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Hussey <dan_hussey@email.msn.com>
To: Quattro List <quattro@audifans.com>
Date: Monday, June 21, 1999 5:46 PM
Subject: How to remove trim moulding????

>I want to paint the undercarriege of my car with this paint I got from
>Griot's.  But, I want to remove all that lower trim (some of it's kind
>rubbery) first and maybee replace it.
>I was looking and it appears that most of it is held on by rivets.  But, I
>am not sure that's what they are.  They may be some sort of compression
>fittings, but I don't know.  They are round with a hole in it (I thought at
>first it was a small allen fitting, but it's completely round).  How do you
>get these off so I can remove this trim????  Is there a special VW/Audi
>that you are supposed to use.  If so, I don't want to mess with it.  BTW,
>they appead to be metal???
>Leave it to the germans to make a car that is IMPOSSIBLE to take apart.
>The front part (goes partially into the front wheel well) that seems to be
>attached inside it somehow....really weird!  There is one phillips head
>screw in there but that's not what holds it on.  Can't tell how the hell
>they did it and I'd have to break the peice to get it out.  No problem as
>long as I can put a new on in there myself.  Anyone have any experience
>this on a type-44???
>I figure body shops would have to do it, so I might ask someone there.
>89 200tq