Re: AC Noise

I had an experience with my '87 5KTQ where the compressor seemed to sieze.
I think it siezed because the belt would sqeal every time I put the AC on.
I tried a few times after that and same thing. Many months later, I tried
again and it worked! So, got some AC lubricant and the hose from the local
auto parts store and added it. I added some more a few years later "just in
case". So the '87 has AC that works great! Better than on the '91 200q20v
(which I'm going to have looked at).

"R. Cummings" wrote:
> If it is the compressor growling, put 2 oz. of refrigerant oil in through
> the low side service port. Injectable oil cans are available from your
> friendly automotive A/C dealer or Pep Boys. If you are lucky, the compressor
> might last another 100,000 miles.
> Bob Cummings
> 87 Coupe GT
> >Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:35:05 -0700
> >From: Max Dichter <maxdichter@iname.com>
> >Subject: AC Noise
> >
> >I have an 87 4k CS Quattro that is making noise when the AC is turned on.
> > It sounds like a crunching noise. I think it is coming from the
> >compressor motor.  Does anyone know that this might be?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Max

PS. Please remove -ignore from my address when replying. It is there
    to keep the spammers at bay.