[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
fan problem update
>I'm guessing that the fact that the fan connector keeps melting means that
>a) this is a poor design or b) the fan is on its way out and is drawing
>too much current. Thoughts?
These fans draw better than 20 amps. Once a connection begins to
deteriorate, they cook themselves fast. The fan motor may well be OK.
GM used to put an inline fuse in the wire that went directly from the
battery to the high blower relay. This was done to get the most airflow they
could by applying battery voltage to the passenger compartment fan. After a
couple years the contacts would become dirty and the fuse holders would melt.
87 Coupe GT