Audi 200 89 AC Fuse blown

    My 89 200 continues to blow fuse 17.  According to my Bentley, the fuse
supplies power to the A/C compressor clutch, A/C head unit, A/C Programmer,
and blower motor controller.  The 30A fuse blows immediately when the key is
turned to RUN (Its powered through the load reduction relay).  The A/C
compressor clutch and blower motor controller were disconnected, and the
fuse still blew.  Disconnecting the head unit will prevent the fuse from
blowing.  However, a replacement did not solve the problem.  Any BTDT???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Vince Maddon

'98 A4 2.8Q
'99 Legacy GT (Wife's)
'89 200t (for sale)