[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

re: 200 tqa fire

Everyone so far has suggested the battery cover. I have an Interstate
battery, which is kind of high, but the +ve cover was in place. 

I reconnected the smaller wires to the positive term, and they instantly
got very hot! I think there's a short somewhere. I'd appreciate any
other ideas.

The fan rotates. I've disconnected the ground. How can I test if its OK?

My plan - do all the electrical fixes I want to do, and then look for
the problem. 
1) I'm going to replace the positive battery starter cable with a 1
gauge from NAPA. They don't have either 2 or 4. 
2) put the fusible link into the fan
3) re-crimp the exciter wire (which used to be broken)