Removing subframe on 200 auto, 1990...

Since I am planning to replace my control arm bushings, sway
arm bushings and also subframe bushings/mounts with polyurethane
unit I will have to pull off my subframe. Since I've never
attempted this in my life I was wondering how to go about it.
The auto tranny mounts to the subframe, right? How do I go
about pulling off the subframe? Must the tranny be supported?
Where to jack up the car? I suppose I will be pulling the
struts at the same time for a bearing and insert replacement
and new spring fitment and new brakes.

Stuff like this make me nervous. Would also like to know what
tools and sockets to have handy.