Re: 91 200q pushing H20 out ofcoolant tank

In a message dated 8/2/99 10:15:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bernardl@acumenassociates.com writes:

 I would look for a leak in your head gasket, head or cylinder walls -- a
 compression test would be a good place to start.
 There is also a chemical test you can perform on your coolant that will
 detect exhaust/combustion products in the coolant.  Auto parts stores may
 carry the chemicals, or a shop can no doubt perform the test for you.
 You could also rig an adapter to pressurize a cylinder at a time through the
 spark plug hole with the aid of an air compressor.  BTDT.  Keep it 100 psi
 for a while and see what happens to your coolant level without the expansion
 tank cap on.
 Good luck,
 Bernard Littau >>

Very good advice, but also dont forget something simple, ( we always hope for
simple first)  ;o]   like a bad thermostat restricting flow and raising
system pressure at higher rev's ( spirited driving ) I just replaced the
failed thermostat in one of my cars and many of the hoses upstream of the
blockage were swelled considerably due to the raise in system pressure.