Re: Electric window regulators/motors - Audi 80 Models /Audi 90 FS (UK)

David Boyd writes:
> Anyone know offhand, please, whether the 1986/7-on 'new' model 80's
> share any of these components with the pre-86/7 models. Have just
> acquired a 1990 2.0e with one non-functioning regulator and am wondering
> whether a foray to the local scrapyard might help fix it.
> And if anyone in UK is interested in buying its predecessor - a 1986
> Audi 90, sound all round, around GBP 600, drop me an email.

While I didn't actually go comparing part numbers, I would doubt
that there is any interchangeability of window regulators between
the type 81/85 (earlier model) and the type 89 (your car) platforms.
The regulators are usually specific to the body type (different
shape doors and curvature, etc).

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org
 //////  http://metalab.unc.edu/tkan/