[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: 200q supporting with floor jacks

    As per the Bentley, the rubber pads are the jacking points for floor
jacks and hydraulic lift arms. I use a piece of 2x4 in the cup of my floor
jack to make sure the edges of the lift cup don't contact the body when the
rubber pad compresses.
    I usually put the jack stands under the lift points for the OEM jack on
the body sills, but have also used suitable suspension mounting points upon


Fred Munro
'91 200q  281k km

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Berrevoets <peterb@mysysltd.com>
To: don & lori <dell@pangea.ca>
Cc: Quattro List <quattro@audifans.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 1999 2:25 AM
Subject: RE: 200q supporting with floor jacks

> the rubber pads are for the jack stands, use the lifting points on the
> sills for the jack itself or if using a hydraulic jack, consider using
> outboard portions of the sub frames for lifting.
> Peter Berrevoets
> 1990 200TQ
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-quattro@audifans.com [mailto:owner-quattro@audifans.com]On
> Behalf Of don & lori
> Sent: Sunday, September 05, 1999 1:11 AM
> To: quattro@audifans.com
> Subject: 200q supporting with floor jacks
> where is best place to support stands on a
> 200q.  will be lifting with floor jack
> and can see rubber pads on underside
> of car for using jack.  not sure where to
> place support stands.
> apprec. any help.
> don
> ps raising car to change parking brake
>      cables.